What do you do with a prospect that is just calling around to get a price? This is very common in the service industries. From plumbing to air conditioning to auto repair. As homeowners and car owners when we need to handle a repair or get service, we react when we think of the price. So, the solution is to try to find out the price as soon as possible and hope that we can get a good deal.
SALES CLINIC DIAGNOSIS:
You need to remember the following truths:
1. Unfortunately, just like the person calling for a price, every one of us has had multiple bad experiences during a previous buying process.
2. Giving a price over the phone for a service is not truthful, nor will it solve the problem the customer has called about.
1. Thank the person for calling – start to establish trust.
2. Acknowledge the fact that they are looking for a price. “I understand you need a price and I want to help you get one.” (Customer will start to feel heard).
3. Ask,” Would you mind if I asked you a question or two?” The customer likely will be ok with this.
4. “Using the point number one under the Sales Clinic Diagnosis section above, (past bad experiences) ask: “Have you ever had a bad experience getting this type of service or repair?” (IF YES, then continue)
5. Continue: “Unfortunately, many people have bad experiences or end up with poor results, which give my industry a bad reputation. One of the reasons for this is that they are given prices over the phone that turn out to be false. Here at “___(your company)” we will not just give you a price that may or may not be accurate. With integrity, I would like to make an appointment with you so that we are able to do proper analysis (inspection) or (diagnosis), to determine exactly what needs to be done to resolve the problem or provide the service. You will be given the actual price in writing as a result and at that point both you and I will be sure of the problem and solution. Does this sound fair? (YES)
6. If the customer still objects, then tell them the truth and maintain good manners. “The truth is no company should just give you a price over the phone as it will not be accurate. I just want to help you and whether you decide to make an appointment with me or another company, it is ok. I just want to ensure you are well taken care of.
The potential customer/prospect that will not agree with this logic likely is not your customer and if you take them on, you can expect further problems.
“I have been able to double my appointments using the above solution from SELLability SALES CPR!” J.S. Fort Meyers FL.
“SELLability is genius! Instead of avoiding past bad experiences, I have learned to deal with them head-on thanks to the SELLability program and this has resulted in a massive expansion of my sales! Thank you SELLability.” K.S. – Agoura Hills, CA
YOUR FAILED SALES ARE ONLY “MOSTLY DEAD” NOT ALL DEAD!
REVIVE THEM NOW WITH CPR!